Who nation

From: Sigel James Civ 10 ABW/LGCW <James.Sigel@usafa.af.mil>
"People have turned from respectful Who fans to a bunch of raving assholes.
If I didn't know any better, I would think that I was on a goddamned
Metallica fan site.  Yuk.
After reading this, I know some of you could care less, but sadly, after
hanging around this list for nearly four years, I'm considering leaving.
It's no fun anymore."
He also said many other sensible things.

Jim,
This is a hard one.  I've been toying with these thoughts as well.
I think we've all gone though periods of mourning, anger and defensive
maneuvers this past week.  We have been in different states of mind at
different times and that has caused conflict.  Venting the anger is
necessary.

Unfortunately, venting anger works in direct conflict to the defensive
instinct to pull together with our brothers in this big foxhole.  Some
people are trying to discuss various intellectual ways of viewing this thing
in order to come to terms with it.  Some are trying to deny that we have
serious ideological differences within our own 'team'.

Fortunately, we have this outlet to (nearly anonymously) vent said anger and
toss some intellectual shit around with near strangers (what I like to call
'virtual people') without fear of alienating real people.  BTW, the
discussion on O&S got much nastier and there were no apologies made at all.
I think we've kept away from name calling for the most part and have stuck
to our usual understanding that disagreements should be over words, facts,
opinions and NOT the personal qualities of the individuals who present them.
  If you went back I'm sure you could find instances where I've broken these
rules.

Again, thanks to Paul for letting things get off topic.  I doubt this will
sway you to stay, but I'm staying.

Jeff