Re: World Peace & More

> In this case, Bush benefitting is all of our benefitting.

Jon:

I'm sorry, but Bush sickens me. He's rushing now to further his aborted
agenda by asking for a capital gains tax cut (which he was denied before) on
the false premise that it will help the economy. Yeah, I see all those
regular citizens rushing to sell their...their...oh Hell, looks like they
can't take advantage of it! Oh well.
He's a despicable opportunist as surely as if he owned a gas station and was
charging $7 a gallon for gas. He absolutely sickens me. He's no hero...not
even close.
He's already trashed the budget surplus. He will now put us back into
deficit spending to build up the military which (obviously enough by their
success in this past week) doesn't really need it. I have no problem with
relief spending, but he's taking advantage of this situation.
As I said before, following leaders blindly is what caused this. Just
because he's the Prez right now doesn't mean he's suddenly intelligent and
doing good for the people. I'm behind the US but not Bush.

 > To me a liberal is just as selfish as a conservative.

I can't see doing things for the majority (as opposed to the few elite) and
ensuring everyone has civil rights (the GOP was opposed to that, and still
is to a large degree) is selfish, but you have a right to your opinion.

> We are all selfish, that's the problem.

That is a problem, but we're not ALL selfish.

> But I do not agree with the thought that President Bush
> is in any way guilty for this.

He's guilty by ommisson. I am not saying he was consciously guilty...then
again, I might debate whether he's conscious at ALL, but anyway...he (or
more likely someone on his staff) made the decision to withdraw from the ME
peace talks. NOW of course he wants to get back into them...too late, and
probably too little as well. He criticized Clinton for nation building, now
what do you think he's about to do when the conflict is over?

> I am encouraged.  Even a fundamentalist like Rev. Jerry is capable of
being
> reasonable when threatened :-)

Jeff:

Falwell and Bin Laden are two sides of the same coin. I'm betting he still
believes his original statement. He's just cowardly enough not to stand by
what he said...typical.

"God may have mercy on you, but we won't."
           Senator John McCain

               Cheers                 ML