Opinions On Moon

Thinking about Max Weinberg's alleged comments on Keith Moon's drumming,
I was reminded of another famous rock drummer's opinion.  In his autobiography
RIDERS ON THE STORM, John Densmore, drummer for The Doors, comments
about playing with The Who at 1970's Isle of Wight Festival:

    The Who comes on next & blows us off the stage.  They do the entire
    opera TOMMY.  I stand in the wings & scrutinize every beat that Keith
    Moon plays....

    He is terrific.  So fluid.  It is as if his drum set is an entire orchestra. A
    little fortissimo from the tom-toms, pianissimo from the cymbals.

In the same story, he says Pete seems a "friendly chap."  Also, backstage, Roger
Daltrey offered Densmore & Doors' guitarist Robbie Krieger some of his pepper-
mint schnapps (!).  Jim Morrison, in a pissy mood, turned his offering down.

- SCHRADE in Akron