Re: The murder of innocents

You message is encouraging, Keets. Of course, I never doubted the attitude
of the more sensible people in the USA and Great Britain (not everyone,
obviously), but I am still worried with the news that Afghan troops are
gathering on the boders of Pakistan as we write.

MSNBC had a "Town Meeting" last night where they invited a cross-section of
US society to comment on what we should do.  The views expressed  mirrored
what was presented here, which is fairly reassuring, I think.  There  were
people who were angry and wanting immediate vengence, but there were also
people concerned about what US policies had caused this  "retaliation," and
about what failures of defense had allowed it to happen.  The US  public is
not as ignorant of the issues as they once might have been.  If  Congress
truly represents their voting public, there will be some moderation  and
thought that goes into our response to this tragedy.
keets

I have remained silent over the past few days, attempting to take in all
that has happened since last Tuesday's abomination. However, I feel I must
now take an active part in the debate that has been taking place. Although I
don't wish to offend anyone, I suspect I will. I'm also sure that I will be
vilified for my lack of conclusions. I expect this, and believe  this will
prove my point. But I live in hope. That's all I have.

I am saddened to read so many messages of hate between people who seemed
reasonable and sane appear on this list . . . and on television,  radio and
in newspapers, too.