Re: Winning

From: Bjxrn Ciggaar <ciggaar@warande.net>
"I wonder if it's even possible to *win* a war. I see it more as "losing
less then the other".
Even though I want to see the people suffer in the most un human way,
biological (or nuclear) warfare doesn't appeal that much to me."

Bjorn,
It seems to me that there are a few types of victory at stake here.

The kind that we all want is strategic victory.  This means ensuring the
safety of OUR citizens and allies.  We can agree on the goal, the tactics
are another matter.

The more difficult victories to come by are spiritual and moral.  I think
this is the kind of victory you are concerned about.  What kind of brutality
will be inflicted, on our behalf, to secure our safety?

Personally, I'm searching for victory over fear of the unknown.  Anxiety
rules over me now.  I can't sleep.  I'm having fits of anger against unknown
enemies.  I'm having fits of hyper-dramatic thoughts and words.  I'm feeling
periods of unusually intense affection toward some people, including mere
acquaintances.  My appetite comes and goes with great intensity.  There have
been moments when I've felt steadfast.  This happens when someone reassures
me, or I'm fulfulling a responsibility, or I'm expressing myself (without
breaking down).

God help us all,
Jeff