Re: hey, rich- found the french lyric

Sroundtable@aol.com re:

>I know this has taken far more space on this forum than it deserves, but
was
>i right with the aud de cologne-ing comment from 5.15?  Was that the song
you
>were referring to?  By the way- my comment about singing rock in french was

>half in jest- tho michelle my belle still sucks donkeys.

Correct, it was "5:15" (there is another in one of
Pete's solo songs) and my original post was not to
debate the legitimicy of the words as French lyrics.

Rather, it was to point out that your comment didn't
sit well with me as I live in Montreal and many of my
best friends are French Canadian. Now, since you've
semi-apologized we can drop this triviality and try
and carry on. There are graver things to consider.

Do keep up those Who studies, though! :)

Nigel re:

>I also believe that I've red somewhere that Townshend used to use eau de
>cologne to dip his fingertips into when playing guitar as a) it anethitized
>his fingers (cut to blazes 'coz of the windmilling), b) it toughned the
>skin.

Yes, I believe there is mention of that in Barnes' "Maximum R&B".
The brand name was something akin to "4711" on the '81 tour.

"eau-de-cologning",
Stoo