fundamentalism

What the hell.

Schrade is partly right.  It is not just religion that is the philosophical
problem, it is fundamentalism.

Here's a scary quote from a fundamentalist of the homegrown variety:
"The abortionists have got to bear some burden for this because God will not
be mocked. And when we destroy 40 million little innocent babies, we make
God mad. I really believe that the pagans, and the abortionists, and the
feminists, and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make
that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People for the American Way -- all
of them who have tried to secularize America -- I point the finger in their
face and say, 'You helped this happen.' " - Rev. Jerry Falwell on The 700
Club.

Details @
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A28620-2001Sep14.html with
more quotes from Jerry and Rev. Pat Robertson.

How is it that fundamentalist beliefs = hatred?

Jeff