RE: World Trade and more

> And I don't think we can take any other course and survive. Because they
> WILL get nuclear weapons and they won't have a Keets to advise
> against using
> them.

Look for them in a large black suitcase near you. Or will it be the small
bag with the gas or the smallpox?

Here's my long view. The idea that terrorism that Israel and England and
Germany and other countries have been wrestling with for decades can be
instantly solved by the big U.S. going in and carpet bombing goes so far
towards typical American stupidity that it's cute, really. In this sense, it
is like Vietnam. Get outta the way you French! We've got superior firepower
and we'll just bomb Hanoi back to the Stone Age! Hey, how'd we end up in the
same quagmire as you? (Insert sound of right-winger saying "if we'd nuked
'em we woulda won!" ignoring the nuclear weapons China and Russia would
almost certainly have sent our way.)

Here's what's going to happen if we've got any brains. We go to countries
like Israel and we find out how we battle people like Osama Bin Laden. And
we start playing the terrorism game.

Osama's made the opening move. We have to make a counter move. But we're not
going to win the game with the next move or the next one. Settle in for what
will probably be a long tournament.

-Brian in Atlanta