BBB

> "What if it turns out to be funded by Columbian drug lords?"

> Destroy them.

> BTW, you needn't be so condescending in your explanation of The
 Military-Industrial complex.  I'm not over 50, but I've got a decent
sized brain and a fair education.  I may be naive, naievette is in the
eye of the cynical.  I am afraid.

Sorry.  Like I said--Sixties flashback.  I had a really bad night last
night, thinking about this.  It's just that circumstances have played
so perfectly into the hands of the Bush administration that it's hard
not to see some relationships.

The government is dealing with some tough issues here, and the US
public  seems hardly to be thinking about it at all, only going with
the emotional flow, talking about nukes and genocide like they're a
wise and proper thing to do.

Also, I suspect that people have forgotten what a repressive US
government existed in the years after WWII (with Hawks in charge), and
aren't thinking how easily that could return.  (More on this in another
post.)

> We have a military for a reason.  Defense of our people.  Destruction
of this type of threat is the proper use of military force.

That's true, but my point is that this is a complex situation.

LB

=====
Don't meddle in the affairs of dragons, because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.