Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V8 #244

I agree with what Steve is saying. It would not be prudent to go in and try
to assault terriost strongholds in the Middle East. This would only
exacerbate the problem for years to come. We import 60% of our oil from
arabic countries, if we started bombing a full oil embargo from these
countries would be placed upon us and bring our economy to it's knees. One
thing I don't understand is why we contribute so much money and support to
the state of Isreal and look the other way when they steal more territory
from the Palestinians and keep perpetuating the conflicts there by their
stupid "eye for an eye" attitude. Isreal is a racist state (Arabs are only
allowed to live in 10% of its' space and are not allowed to participate in
military service) and if we continue to support racist zionism, or worse,
start bombing Iraq or Afganistan,  we will wind up in World War III.

By the way, I think Max Weinber sucks as a drummer. He always plays the same
way on the Conan O'Brien show - only with the ride and only in a big
band/swing type of style. Musicians who make a career by playing bits and
pieces on commercial breaks, instead of playing in a successful band are
losers in the first place. His playing for Springsteen was the definition of
simplistic. He couln't even play in Keith's shadow. As I progress myself as a
rock drummer I get a great sense of pride when I hear the influence of Moon
creep into my own drumming style.