Re: World Trade

> "I've known no war, and if I ever do,
> the glimpse will be short, fireball in the sky."

Alan:

I seriously doubt it will come to that. I'm thinking Afhanistan gives up Bin
Laden, he goes on trial and is eventually executed, some military action is
taken against (probably) a terrorist training camp to satisfy the (justified
IMHO) bloodlust.
So anyone losing sleep about WW III, go to sleep!

> sorry.  I suppose this thing is so awful it almost doesn't seem real.

Kevin Mc:

Let me second this: people are being too hard with the ones who are using
humor to deal with an event bigger than is easily comprehended and looks
more like something from a movie. Truely, the footage of the second plane
looks like it was a set shot for a movie, doesn't it? And the collapses?
It's really hard to understand that this was a real and tragic event. So go
light, please!

> *sigh*.... OK...you don't like George Bush.  You voted for someone
else...WE
> ALL GET IT!  Is there no one in the world you find MORE worthy of
contempt?

Barely. Look, these comments were sprinkled humorously among other post. You
could find other such things in other posts, too.

> 1.  What does it have to do with The Who?

"The new President of The United States is
    what I would call a cunt "
              Pete Townshend

> 2.  How exactly have you been "suffering" under the current administration

The economy. I will most likely have to close my second store, OK? I'm not
happy about that. The core of my being also protests against the injustice
of circumventing the will of the people to make sure someone is in the
office. That's wrong on every level.

> (or is the occassional ineloquent quote really making life that
miserable)?

That's comedy! And I'll never understand why quoting the man directly causes
upset among his fans...HE SAID THIS STUFF!

> Don't get me wrong, I resepct you as a Who fan and greatly appreciate your
> efforts vis-a-vis this list

Thanks for that, anyway.

> intense grudge for so long....  It just seems kinda sad....

Well, I find his stupidity humorous. So you don't Oh well. You should
appreciate the effort I put in to find this stuff. But maybe you'll like
today's quote better.

> I have to say...i am absolutely..fucking amazed that anyone gives a
> flying fuck about pete townshend and the who at this point..the things

Kevin:

We have to try to think about other things. We can't DO anything right now,
and that's frustrating.

> very close to this tragedy...I too work next to the WTC and Tuesday
> will be a day that I will live with for the rest of my life...

We thank the Universal Mind you weren't trapped in there.

> remember that the victims of "no other choice" will be other innocent
> humans who will be caught at their place of work, at home, feeding their
> children - just like those victims of this weeks murder.

Steve:

The problem is, we've played nice and spared the innocents every time, and
see what it got us? It's sad, but the only workable solution is the give
them reason to be afraid to ever do anything like this again. And that
probably means destroying innocents, and while I'm not happy about it I
recognize the neccessity.

> Strike back at the terrorists - and at the government / dictators who
> support them, but lets not include innocent populations of men, women, and
> children in the list of targets.

So they can hate us for destroying their parents being killed and strike
when they're able? Remember, these are the same children who are dancing
with glee right now because this happened.

> Just my opinion.

And you have a right to it. In a perfect world, it could be that way.

> organizations and their supporting pawns - (illegal?) kidnapping of those
> truely responsible, with the possible side effect of giving freedom to
> millions of capitive citizens of those countries these
terrorists/murderers
> have got control of...

Will make them martyrs and rally more against us. Unfortunatly, they don't
think as rationally as we do...their religion tells them to hate everyone
that's not in their religion.

brothers

This part has been debunked. It's not in there.

war

Also the "third big war" part has been debunked. Really, you people should
listen to Howard Stern.

"God may have mercy on you, but we won't."
        Senator John McCain

               Cheers                 ML