The Who's crimes against rock 'n' roll

As I was reading over the thread called "The Who Aren't Popular Anymore -
Who's To Blame?" (between deleting all The Beatles items at an oddsandsods
list pace) I started thinking about the things reviewers had been saying
against The Who over the last few years and came up with a list.

Now I DON'T AGREE WITH THIS LIST! There are many things here I disagree with
or think are unfair. However, there are a few things I would find a little
difficult to defend. You may as well. I call this:

JULES AND JIM'S LIST OF
THE WHO'S CRIMES AGAINST ROCK 'N' ROLL
1.	Inventing the rock opera
2.	Tommy by the London Symphony Orchestra
3.	Tommy the movie
4.	Rogers solo career
5.	Rogers acting career
6.	Tours made up of the same old hits
7.	Sets almost exactly the same from the beginning to end of the tour
8.	Not breaking up after Keith Moon died
9.	Not breaking up after Cincinnati
10.	Petes I Want My MTV! ad
11.	The Face Dances LP
12.	The Its Hard LP
13.	The All The Best Cowboys Have Chinese Eyes LP and all subsequent Pete
solo albums
14.	Corporate sponsorship of the 1982 Farewell tour
15.	Sponsorship for that tour by a beer company aiming its product at
underage drinkers
16.	Sponsorship of that tour by a beer company after Pete just made a big
deal about being a recovering alcoholic
17.	Petes haircut and Rogers gold lame jacket on that tour
18.	The Whos Last LP
19.	The Horses Neck book
20.	Repackaging after repackaging of the same old Who hits
21.	Touring again in 1989 after saying farewell in 1982
22.	Bringing out a big band playing Who hits antiseptically and calling it
The Who
23.	Pete playing acoustic guitar for most of the show while some
weird-looking guy no one has ever heard of played electric
24.	Touring featuring the oft-heard rock opera Tommy
25.	Touring with only one new song and that from Petes limpest solo album
26.	Once again sponsored by a beer company (see above)
27.	The Join Together LP
28.	Tommy on Broadway
29.	Rogers Daltrey Sings Townshend shows playing Who songs with an
orchestra at Carnegie Hall
30.	Touring again in 1996-97 after both Pete and Roger said repeatedly that
The Who would never again hit the road, again with an old rock opera, again
with a big band, again with Pete playing mostly acoustic guitar and no new
material
31.	High ticket prices for the 1996-97 tour
32.	Promising fans a multi-CD live retrospective of the Moon years then
reneging on it
33.	Selling Who songs for advertisements
34.	Roger touring with the British Rock Symphony
35.	Pete touring backed by a drum machine
36.	The 1999-2000 tour, thankfully stripped down but starting in Las Vegas
for a corporate sponsor with again no new material
37.	Blues To The Bush
38.	Ticket prices that made the 1996-97 tour look tame
39.	John touring with A Trip Down Abbey Road
40.	Not actually dying before they got old

        -Brian in Atlanta
         The Who This Month!
        http://members.home.net/cadyb/who.htm
        (and no pop-ups!)