Re: re- ringo vs Keith

re:

> > << Again- how many great drummers were inspired by fucking Ringo!   >>
> >
> > Many!
> >

> Name one of any significance!

He obviously inspired that great drummer Paul McCartney to overdub his
drumming on most of their post '67 releases....

On the Who vs. Beatles thing, my two bits is that I own all of the Beatles
studio output, and listen to anything by them maybe once every 4 months.  I
week never goes by when I don't spin something by The Who.  I used to really
love the Beatles back in sixth or seventh grade....  The Who have stuck with
me for over 20 years, now.

On the issue of musicianship, it is utterly laughable that anyone could
think any of the Beatles were or are superior musicians to the Who.  If
you'd ever played guitar or drums, you'd know this.  Townshend's
soloing--yes, soloing--is unbelievable compared to anything Harrison has
ever played.  I won't even make a Ringo/Moon comparison, it is just too
funny.  And Entwistle to PM?  Puhh-leese.  I like Lennon's voice, but give
me a Roger vocal any day....

I don't know why some people on this list find it so hard to believe that
some of us prefer The Who to the Beatles.  I also prefer the Kinks to the
Beatles.