Re: The Who Aren't Popular Anymore - Who's To Blame?

> > Then the QUAD tour in 1996 further added to the damage.
>
> Really?  I haven't heard people piss and moan about that tour the way
> they did the '89 tour.

Oh I loved it, too.  I just think it might have given the impression that The Who
were now a band that *had* to add a half dozen or so musicians in order to put
on a live show.

I'm sure the '89 tour disapponted a lot of fans -  just as I'm sure it was a major
factor in keeping concert-goers away in '96.  And by the time 2000 rolled around,
many people had given up.

No, me?  I loved the '96 tour.  Saw two shows.  One at MSG & also the Cleve-
land show.  I just feel it (& the '89 tour) may have dissuaded any "fence-sitters"
from buying a Who concert ticket.

- SCHRADE in Akron