Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V8 #240

In a message dated 9/9/01 11:56:11 AM, TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com writes:

<<  and to somehow downgrade the Who because their live act was
a huge part of their identity is ridiculous.  >>

Once and for all, I WAS NOT DOWNGRADING THE WHO!!   I was just saying that
The Who needed a show to get famous.  You basically repeated what I said.  If
The Who would have been discovered first then The Beatles would have needed a
gimmick.  They were not better than The Beatles though.  The Beatles could do
play loud and hard..listen to Helter Skelter, Yer Blues, Revolution, Twist
and Shout, Sgt. Peppers..and  on and on.  But they could  also  play
wonderful love songs and ballads!  The Beatles were better musicians with
the exception of John  Entwistle.  Paul is a great bass player, but I'll give
John a slight edge.   Pete got better at playing lead after the 60's.  George
was better than  him in the 60's.  The Beatles had better vocals and
harmonies.
What in the world does the roof top  scene have to do with  anything?  The
Beatles couldn't perform anywhere without getting  crushed to death so  they
decided to perform  on the roof.  It was awesome!   The Beatles are great and
The Who are next in line.  IMO,that is a huge  compliment for The Who, not a
put down.
Deni
The END... I don't have anymore time to invest to  try  and  make these
youngin's see the light.  :)