Re: The Who and Scooby Doo too

>> > short films.  Look at the millions they made.
>>
>>Look at the millions Backstreet Boys made. Your point?
>
>Just that you shouldn't sell Michael Jackson short.  He's been a very
>talented artist and had quite an impact on the way music is sold.  Any
>band/musician in the market today has to deal with something of his legacy.

Did anybody here have the fortitude to sit through the MTV Awards?  Just
because I mention Madonna and Michael Jackson doesn't mean I think The Who
should market their music this way.  It's just that these are huge
influences on what makes the music business what it is today.  When you
watch MTV, it looks like that's not much.

Admittedly this is all aimed at pre-teens, but there's a huge amount of
money behind it, and that's The Who's competition in the market.  Seems like
it would be helpful if The Who had some presence on MTV, without lowering
themselves to that level.  Notice Mick Jagger made it, and managed to get in
beside Ms. Britney--in order to promote his new album, I'm sure.  (He didn't
mention Pete in association with it, only younger artists he's worked with.)

This was an interesting opportunity to see lots of different styles and
artists performing together.  After it went off, I got out one of my tapes
of The Who last summer and put it on, and you know, they come off pretty
comparable to the rock acts at the MTV Award show--except they play and sing
quite a bit better.  Wonder what it would take to get excerpts from some of
the 2000 concerts on MTV?  Say maybe from the RAH DVD?

keets