Re: more pompous beatles nonsense

>Pete, Roger, Keith, and John were more talented musicians and better
>performers than the Beatles- and to somehow downgrade the Who because their
>live act was a huge part of their identity is ridiculous.

Ummmm.  I'll give you Keith and John.  It took a while for Pete and Roger to
get up to speed.  You can see it happen.  They couldn't do the harmonies
until Pete could play the guitar and sing both, because John had no ear for
it.  By Monterey Pop they had that down, and the next year Roger made the
transformation into TOMMY.  By '69 they were better than The Beatles.

keets