RE: Showing great restraint

> >Best to consider this a barroom discussion. For those of you too young to
>have been in a bar, get a fake ID.

Heheh.  Are barrooms the real world?

> >> The Who.  But, there are many songs that can sound all love-y dove-y
>too, like The Beatles. But they're not Rock bands.
>
>There are some.  I'm sure I could pull specific examples if I had the
>desire. PJ comes to mind.

I've not been following this part of the discussion, but Pearl Jam's love
song is their biggest hit.  It's what broke in on our local classic rock
station just lately.

Is this about whether rock bands can correctly produce love songs or whether
it's the venue of pop?  Whether love songs are appropriate for The Who?  Of
course they are.  Pete's excursions into softer material is what broadened
The Who's audience from the all-male following of the Sixties to the current
percentage of women (whatever it is).  Asked about their favorite songs on
the albums, many women will come up with different choices from the guys.
I'd venture to say that IT'S HARD sells reasonably well to women because of
the presence of "One Life's Enough for Me" on there.

> >In regards to the secret gigs rumour,
>
>Key word...."rumor".
>John, any further information on this rumor?  Who from?  How you heard?
>Quad Dave, any insight?

Hmmm.  Where are our agents in London?  We need corporate spys!

> >THRILLER and BAD compare very
> >favorably to The Who's rock opera.
>
>Blasphemy.  Sheer blasphemy.

Groundbreaking videos.  They have a subtext and they qualify as high-quality
short films.  Look at the millions they made.

keets