Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V8 #236

In a message dated 9/6/01 8:36:08 PM, TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com writes:

<<  I think they were influenced much more by The Beach Boys. >>

This statement is about the most ridiculous one of all that I've read.  I
have a video that has Brian Wilson saying that The Beach Boys admired The
Beatles and desperately wanted to be like them.  I don't believe that The
Beachboys were even on the radio when The Beatles became popular in Europe
and the in the States...'63,64.  The Beatles were influenced by Little
Richard, Chuck Berry,Elvis, Dylan...certainly not The Beach Boys!
Someone mentioned that I should be careful of what I say on here because
people will hate me.  Why?  Everyone else states their personal opinions, and
more often than not, the opinions aren't based on facts.  Believe it or not,
I am probably one of the most avid Who fans in the world.  No, I don't buy
every remastered CD that they put out and I don't travel from city to city
like I once did in the 70's because I choose to spend my money on my house
and my education.  I traveled with The Who and hung around them on many
occasions and I am so thankful for those opportunities and memories.  They
are a great band  and I love them...I just love The Beatles more..sorry.  .