RE: Showing great restraint

>From: Sigel James Civ 10 ABW/LGCW <James.Sigel@usafa.af.mil>
>Subject: Debates and the Postal Workers
>
>Wholigans...

Heh, heh.

>My God, I'm gone a month and my safe haven known as the Who Digest, has
gone
>postal.

Gettin' there isn't it?

>Wow Kids, if I didn't know any better, I would think
>this is O&S!

Bite your tongue!

>From: "Jeff House" <whocasa@hotmail.com>
>Subject: Love in the air?
>
>From: "Nigel Morton" <nigel@adastey.demon.co.uk>
>"ML, who ever and where ever you are I commute between the UK and USA
around
>7 - 12 times each year at the moment for stays of anything between 2 nights

>& 3 wks.

Nigel and Ma-ark sitting in a tree.............    ;-)

>From: "Mark R. Leaman" <mleaman@sccoast.net>
>Subject: Re: The Who and Scoobie Doo and underware too
>
>Kevin:

Yes?

>Were they, or where they merely reflecting the mindset of the fans (which I
>argued they weren't a few Emails ago)? Hmmm?

Either way, they did it better than anyone else at the time, or since.  For
one band to unify so many different tastes and generations is an
accomplishment that must be appreciated and respected.

>> It was ok to do acid.
>Only if you're off the next day.

Made that mistake only once in my life.

>> Can we all watch???
>I always knew you were a perv.

Hey, I don't think I'm a perv., but I'm not stupid.

>Best to consider this a barroom discussion. For those of you too young to
>have been in a bar, get a fake ID.

Here, here!  Just don't start any ballroom brawls.

>> The Who.  But, there are many songs that can sound all love-y dove-y too,
>>like The Beatles.
>But they're not Rock bands.

There are some.  I'm sure I could pull specific examples if I had the
desire.
PJ comes to mind.

>> Actually, I think Pete was influenced by The Beatles, rather than the
>>other way around.
>Not according to him. The Stones, maybe.

Now, I could be confused with another band, but I could swear that I saw one
of those VH1 shows, or some other type of show on The Learning Channel that
was discussing rock, or maybe it was a recent interview or article.  In it
it stated that Pete Townshend was......
No.  It's coming back to me.  It was John and Paul who were told to stop
writing girly love tunes, and become more socially conscious and write about
political issues, etc.  I believe that challenge came from Dillan?  Ahhhhhh,
memory loss!

>> Now you're pulling a "Keets".
>I've never had the pleasure.

<snicker>

>Hey, I love Zep but let's face it.guitarist, bass, drummer, blonde lead
>singer, Page claiming he played lead on Who singles.it all adds up.

Yep, used to listen to quite a bit of Zep.  But, why settle for the
imitator, when the original just kicks fucking monkey butts!

>Yeah.and Bush is underware that's uncomfortably tight.

Pinches in the most annoying places, doesn't it.

>From: "andrew wiechman" <Jovar1701v@email.msn.com>
>Subject: Secret december gigs/Young Vic part 2 ?
>
>In regards to the secret gigs rumour,

Key word...."rumor".
John, any further information on this rumor?  Who from?  How you heard?
Quad Dave, any insight?

>From: "L. Bird" <pkeets@hotmail.com>
>Subject: RE: Beatles Who and Scooby Doo
>
>Why, thank you!  :)

Yeah, you get lucky from time to time.  ;-)

>I don't know that they actually led the change, but they did become a major

>symbol for it.

For good reason though.

>>Deni, statements like that are gonna get folk pissed off at you.
>>Just a friendly warning.
>
>Now, now.  She did include a smiley.  It sounds like sarcasm.  (Where's
that
>emoticon?  We really DO need it.)

Whooops. Did I miss a smiley?
What's "emoticon" anyway?

I try and keep my emoticon under wraps.  It tends to get misinterpreted as
anger or hostility.  When in reality it's just good 'ol guitar smashing
"fogin-Who" ENERGY!

>Don't sell Michael Jackson short.  He's gotten mega-weird just lately,

<spitting coffee>  LATELY?????

>but for a while there he ruled.

Yeah, what and who is the question though.

>but he deserves  respect
>for seriously raising the bar on music video.

If you're into that sort of thing.

>THRILLER and BAD compare very
>favorably to The Who's rock opera.

Blasphemy.  Sheer blasphemy.

>Also, a comment on Bjorn's disco collection--disco may be passe in the US,
>but it seems very popular in Europe.

As are goofy looking bright colored ski/snowboard clothing.
Bleccchhh!

>From: Sroundtable@aol.com
>Subject: reply to beatles being hard rock
>
>just because they recorded a few softer sounding tunes to meet
>public demand is no reason to criticize.

While you may be talking about very early Who, the Who, and especially Pete,
has recorded plenty of "softer sounding tunes" without any public demand.
Oh hell, nevermind.

Kevin in VT
showing great restraint in not launching a "skin flute" joke at Schrade.