Re: Secret december gigs/Young Vic part 2 ?

From: "L. Bird" <pkeets@hotmail.com>
"Now I'm thinking it should be right on the edge of annoying as far as
lyrical content goes...(edit)...So, a new Who album ought to be calculated
to be slightly annoying to as many age and ethinic groups as possible.  All
very ironically, of course."

I'm inclined to accept Bruce and Dave's arguments that there will NOT be any
new material.  However, I don't think it would be difficult to come up with
an annoying angle for any new stuff.

I am prepared to believe there will be some gigs late this year.  I've got a
fall UK vacation that we haven't booked yet.  Mrs House is patiently waiting
for Pete to let us in on his plans first :-)

- The mere existence of a continuing Who is annoying to many, since rock is
a young person's genre.
- If they rock simple and hard, they are trying to act young.
- If they rock complicated and soft, they are betraying their roots,
sounding bombastic, pretentious, overblown, blah blah, woof woof.

I guess I'm saying that they couldn't do anything *but* annoy.  They are The
Who, after all.  There genius, chemistry and phenomenal talent are enough to
annoy.

Jeff