reply to Deni

deni writes:You just don't get it.  All The Great Ones (The Beatles) had to
do was just
play...they didn't have to put on a show  to get people into the music.  In
the early days, if Pete didn't do  his windmill routine, if Roger didn't
swing his microphone around, and if Moon didn't play his drums  hard and
fast.....they wouldn't have been able to become famous on their early
material...and that's that.
Deni

Oh my god.  This is unbelieveable.  I don't hate the beatles at all- but
comments like this are why i started this argument several weeks ago.  the
music is incredible in any venue.  their early stuff- despite its
beatlishness- was still great and edgy.  their hard sound had to be toned
down in the studio because the "pretty" beatles stuff was what was selling
and they had to eat.  even so- stuff like "i'm the face," "my generation",
"can't explain" were equal to anything the beatles put out- and stood on
their own without live performances.  the Who made the greatest music AND
were the greatest live band.  it is ludicrous to criticize a band for going
the extra mile live.  they didn't need to do all the things they did live-
but felt the awesome power of the music and were moved to perform with
unmatched passion and fire and inspired their fans thusly.  to make the
comment u just made would be like saying the who were better because they
didn't need to be cute looking like the beatles to be popular.  BOTH r
preposterous