Re: The Who and Scoobie Doo and underware too

> there's only a point in meeting if a) it's about the Oo, b) you're between
45 - 55......or in other words you're a boring  old grey haired git like me!

Nigel:

See, this is where I hate being on the digest. So I had to go to the archive
in order to be somewhat coherent here. I am 45 exactly, and I always enjoy
meeting other Who fans. So far I have yet to have a negative experience with
it, although there was this German guy who stalked my store.it's a long
story.
My hair isn't grey yet, however I do have a "racing stripe" as I call it on
my temples.

> returned to the mainland after getting my butt gainfully married in
Hawaii,

Jim:

Congrats or condolences, whichever is more appropriate (was that "gainfully"
or "painfully?"). I've been married 26 years, so you can see where I stand
on the issue.

> but on the other hand, Who Sell Out was inspired by Sgt. Pepper (don't let
anyone kid you by telling you differently;

Uh, uh, uh! It was already in progress when SP was released. Now maybe by
Pet Sounds.that I can buy.

> What made the Beatles so "important" though, was that they were literally
> guiding society through a change.  They were changing more than just
music.

Kevin:

Were they, or where they merely reflecting the mindset of the fans (which I
argued they weren't a few Emails ago)? Hmmm?

> It was ok to do acid.

Only if you're off the next day.

> It was ok to let your hair down.

Yeah.well I can dig that.

> It was like a saint was killed.  I cried.  You know, they *were* more
popular than Jesus.  :-O

You are correct sir. As Brian posted. That's one down...

> Can we all watch???

I always knew you were a perv.

> nothing is meant to offend

Best to consider this a barroom discussion. For those of you too young to
have been in a bar, get a fake ID.

> The Who.  But, there are many songs that can sound all love-y dove-y too,
like The Beatles.

But they're not Rock bands.

> I think they were influenced much more by The Beach Boys.

I'm not going to argue with you there, but we have two prime examples:
Helter Skelter and the feedback on I Feel Fine.

> Actually, I think Pete was influenced by The Beatles, rather than the
other way around.

Not according to him. The Stones, maybe.

> Now you're pulling a "Keets".

I've never had the pleasure.

>You don't believe that The Beatles can be compared to Michael Jackson or
GB.  Do you??

No, I was just using the popularity argument.showing it's meaningless.

>What kind of CD store are you runnin' down there???  Is it the heat??

It's pretty damned hot down here right now.

> Mark, we can agree on *that*, right?

Hey, I love Zep but let's face it.guitarist, bass, drummer, blonde lead
singer, Page claiming he played lead on Who singles.it all adds up.

> Don't forget, there are many different kinds of underwear too!

Yeah.and Bush is underware that's uncomfortably tight.

"I know what I believe. I will continue to articulate what I
   believe and what I believe-I believe what I believe is right."
            George "My IQ is 91" Bush

               Cheers                 ML