Doing that UK Jive

> "ML, who ever and where ever you are I commute between the UK and USA
around

Nigel:

All right. Who I am would probably be too much to explain (and boring to the
others), other than I'm a Rock fan and archivist and obsessive
discussionist. Author, used CD store owner (Generations Used CDs), political
genius (I'm told).
Where I am is Myrtle Beach, SC, home of the first Baba Center and the first
two Whofests.
Why does this discussion suddenly remind me of the bar scene in Search For
Spock?

> I HATE gin, can't stand the smell!!  My particular poison is usually green
> and is smoked!"

I'm no stranger to that particular form of intoxicant myself (32 years
"behind the bong"). But a little ginger ale and a twist of lime and Gin is
not too bad. I call the drink a Del Dotto, after a scam artist who sold real
estate advice on TV. But it was Quad which turned me on to Gin, back in `73,
and I like the high better than any other alcohol.

> I have got to 'pipe' in here.  It really is great to see some new blood on
> the list.  We haven't seen this kind of discord since last year's US
> elections :-)

Jeff:

I don't consider this "discord." Discussing The Who and other bands is what
the list is all about...especially when there's nothing new to discuss with
the band.

> Mark is planning to travel to New England for the upcoming John Entwistle
> Band shows and is also looking into travelling to the UK for the rumored
UK
> secret Who gigs.  Isn't that right, ML?

It'll depend on the Bush economy for the UK trip. I might have to close the
second store if this keeps up, and there's NO WAY I can last 3 1/2 more
years. Besides, I thought the UK shows were off?

"I know what I believe. I will continue to articulate what I
   believe and what I believe-I believe what I believe is right."
            George "My IQ is 91" Bush

               Cheers                 ML