Debates and the Postal Workers

Wholigans...

My God, I'm gone a month and my safe haven known as the Who Digest, has gone
postal.  Where'd the love go???  Where's Schrade when Rome is burning?
Playing his fiddle?  Wow Kids, if I didn't know any better, I would think
this is O&S!

Alright, in this corner...  My Beatle records can beat up your Beatle
records!!!

I just returned to the mainland after getting my butt gainfully married in
Hawaii, and my oh my, hasn't this list been busy.  I've run through a dozen
or so digests to catch up but I skipped up to today's which I just received
and lo-and-behold, the Beatles/Who debates still rage on.  Well, since
opinions are like assholes (everybody has one), I figured I'd BUTT in too.
(Sorry, couldn't help myself)

This kind of comparison is simply a lesson in futility.  It is akin to "my
brother can beat up your brother", etc...  For every person who says the
Beatles are the greatest, there's someone here who says the Who are the
greatest.  And for EVERYONE on this list, there's gonna be someone who says
they BOTH suck - Vanilla Ice is the greatest.  True, however unfortunate.
So let's not break up the unity of this list by pissing each other off.

True, Helter Skelter was inspired by I Can See for Miles, but on the other
hand, Who Sell Out was inspired by Sgt. Pepper (don't let anyone kid you by
telling you differently; all you have to do is listen.)  Tit for tat.  You
could go on and on and on - and you are!  Okay, you know who you are...

And now for something completely different - you are all wrong anyway!  The
Who, The Beatles, Led Zep, Stones, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Chad and Jeremy...
NONE of them can touch the greatest rock and roll band of all time:  UFO!!!!
"Lights out in London!"  Okay, I'm going to flush my head down the toilet
now...  Peace, and be nice to each other!  Remember, I'm originally from
Chicago - I can have you all killed!

Jim in Colo Springs

"...when you hear the Beatles without their backing tracks, they're flippin'
lousy!"  PT (did I quote that?)