Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V8 #233

In a message dated 9/5/01 8:56:02 AM, TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com writes:

<< You've got to be kidding!  The Beatles never recorded a HARD tune in their
era of domination.  I wanna hold your hand?  UGH!!!  That might be classic
rock (but really more pop than anything) but isn't hard rock at all and
wasn't edgy, even for the times.  So some people didn't like it the way they
didn't like Elvis, the way the older, more conservative members of society
don't like new music.  Saw her standing there is a great tune but not
revolutionary in the way the who was with tommy or who's next or even Can't
explain, and it certainly isn't approaching hard rock.  Sorry, but ur way off
on this one. >>

You totally  missed my point.  You are comparing  Tommy and Who's Next with I
Saw Her Standing There.  I SAID..compare '64 Beatle songs with '64 Who
songs..GEEZ!  Pictures of Lily was even much lighter than I  Saw Her Standing
There.  Listen very closely with the volume up on ISHST.  FOR THAT
TIME....THAT SONG WAS RADICAL...BELIEVE ME...I LIVED IT!   I also would not
have any problem with comparing, Revolver, The White Album and Abbey
Road...(late 60's  material) with Tommy.  Many of the  songs on those Beatle
albums were much more philosophical with a hard rock sound than Tommy.  Come
Together..Revolution..Helter Skelter.  Who's Next came out after The Beatles
broke up.