response to "no beatles, no who"

.  ANd I've
said it before and I'll say it again, as much of a HUGE Who fan I am, if
there were never The Beatles, there'd never have been a Who.

Only because the beatles were so popular and the who had to tone down to
their level in order to pay bills.  Musically, however, the Beatles did
little to pave the way for the Who.  Totally different sounds.  If it hadn't
been for the beatles maybe the who's hard sound would have been the rage and
accepted by the mainstream like the beatles were.  besides- half the beatles
early popularity was due to their cherubic teenage faces and the girls went
nuts over them.  they played the game while Pete and Keith were demolishing
their instruments.