Re: MSG

In a message dated 10/31/2001 10:25:24 AM Central Standard Time,
TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com writes:

> But didn't the audience just love The Who!  Jumping.  Dancing.  Throwing
> their
> fists in the air.  And these were adults!  Any chump, hard-rock band can
> get a 17
> year-old to throw his fist in the air.  How many bands can get the 30, 40, &
>  50
> year-olds, *as well as* the teenagers, to throw their fists in the air?
> How many
> bands can completely galvanize a disparate audience, making everyone "one?"
>
> How many bands can steal a show from the "greats" of rock & roll?  Even on
> an "off night?"
>
> I can think of one.  Can't you?
>
> LONG LIVE THE WHO!!

As I keep pointing out as many times as I can, I was there, and all your
impressions are dead on the money.  It wasn't just the cops and firemen on
the floor it was EVERYONE- 20,000 strong.  And let's get one thing clear- it
is the strength of the music that fed the incredible live performance and the
crowd's response.  The Who are so awesome live because the songs bring it out
of them, in my opinion.  And ur right, Clapton ain't god (nobody is), but it
is Pete who God lent his talent to.

Kevin Mc