RE: Kids and music today

They have very short careers and very little support from their record
companies, I'd say.  They're lucky if they can parley their fifteen minutes
of fame into a second career.  One thing that helped the sixties/seventies
rock 'n' rollers from selling out was that their music made enough money for
thim to live comfortably.

keets

This is QUITE the reason that I feel limited sympathy for the record
companies and RIAA for the file sharing dilemma.  Truthfully I would very
much want to give the artists their proper due, but for reasons you just
stated, it seems that IF the money was distributed properly and everyone
benefitted, then I would see their side, but as CD's never went down in
price (even after no longer importing), rock artists like Bill Haley dying
peniless (and I know that this is partly due to managerial screwing, poor
handling of tapes (Who's Next in a dumpster..), and just simple greed AND
censorship, it is not a perfect world...  However, I think 60's and 70's
artists (the ones that survived) simply care more for their music and
artistry...

Greg A.