Roger's voice

In a message dated 10/29/2001 5:56:25 PM Central Standard Time,
TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com writes:

> Subject: Roger's voice - what's the big deal
>
> There's a lot of talk about roger's voice at the MSG show, mostly critical.

It's not a big deal, really.  I was in attendance and you could barely hear
him over the din of the band and the people singing along.  I was only
concerned because I heard a bootleg version of Baba O'riley from y2k tour and
he sounded perfect but clearly was off by the time he got to WGFA.  I was
just looking for possible explanations from those more knowledgeable than I.
I got a whole bunch of responses, but the consensus was what u said... Roger
needs more practice prior to get his voice in shape and had very little
rehearsal time before this one.  Also, it seems very likely that he had a
tough time hearing himself over the incredibly loud sound of the Who at MSG.
At one point he takes out his right ear plug probably to help him with that.
I also agree that because of Roger's incredible voice, many of the Who songs
are very difficult to sing, and demand being totally warmed up and on top of
your game.  Don't think Rog could possibly have been able to adequately
prepare.  Everyone I have shown the video to agree that RD looks at least 10
yrs younger than he is.