Classic rock club

In a message dated 10/28/2001 2:56:01 PM Central Standard Time,
TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com writes:

> >I've started a classic rock club at the school where i teach and people
> >would be shocked at how many students are heavily into classic rock and
> the
> >Who.
>
> Did you start it this week?  Do you think interest has something to do with
> the Concert for NYC or is it a general trend?

It is a general trend.  I came up with the idea after becoming a Who-head
just this year and wanting to get a chance to hear more classic rock like
Zeppelin, Beatles, Doors, Kinks, Stones, Byrds, Dead, Cream, Pink Floyd, etc.
and learn about it w/o having to spend all my paychecks on CDs.  The response
was huge and we have yet to announce it to the school for fear of a mob at
the gym during lunch since that's where we meet and play CDs on the new sound
system (i have an in since i am the assistant head basketball coach).  I'd
like to take some of them on a summer trip to a few Who gigs if they tour
next summer. surely they will, won't they?

Kevin Mc