Re: Royal Albert MSG

>I was with a drummer friend yesterday and we watched a snippet of Royal
>Albert Hall, he asked to see "Who Are You", "Baba", and "Won't Get Fooled".
>  He did not see the MSG concert.

I notice they've been playing these songs on the local classic rock radio,
too.  I dunno if it's because people are requesting them, or if the radio
DJs are excited about it.  I've heard Bowie and Clapton on, too.

>What struck me about this is our (hard Who-heads) microscopic analysis of
>so much has left us without an outsider's view many times.  For The Who to
>choose those songs and Behind Blue Eyes, which women dig hard, at MSG they
>are truly in sync with what people want and are eager to hear and what the
>music world is truly abuzz about.  A special salute to The Who.  They did
>classic rock radio anthems of a rip ass band that the blue collar working
>boys and girls from NYC and NJ really needed to blow their minds away.

Definitely in tune with the audience--it's one of the things they've always
been good at.  I'm wondering where the video came from, too.  A Who Films
production?  It was really effective during WGFA, but surely it wasn't shot
for the occasion.  Maybe the City of NY provided existing footage?
Whatever, it was perfect.

keets