Re: Chuck Berry writing new songs...CHUCK BERRY!

In a message dated 10/26/01 7:38:32 AM Eastern Daylight Time, cadyb@home.com
writes:

> "It's laziness, or after you've had so much success, you
> get slack on the ability and the initiative, you know? And it's not right!
> IT'S MY PROFESSION -- IT'S WHAT I SHOULD BE DOING."

I love this attitude!  Maybe The Who should stop thinking so much and just
start ROCKING. They don't need to tell anybody about it until something good
gets recorded. I mean, it IS what they do, isn't it? I'm just dieing to hear
Zak cut loose. He's paid his dues with the band and is their man, so how
about that incredible garage band imitation of Keith that is so unbeatable
being recorded with the band?!  I would LOVE to hear them record something
like that to what ever it is that Pete feels like getting across at the
moment. I heard the riffs that Pete is playing with (I like the "C" set), so
how about doing them LOUDLY with The Who so that they will have an impact and
better yet,-SELL?.

My kids love The Who. (They are 10,12 and14) My wife's boy loves The Who. He
is 17 and is into Korn etc. and all the hip hop stuff. They all have radar
for what's in, as well as good music, and all 6 of our kids agree that The
Who rules. After watching the Who "legends" video, as they were playing long
live rock, Nick the 17 yr old just shook his head and said "I wish I was born
back then". It's also funny, because they all agree that the best was with
Keith, not because of the zany stuff but on the beauty and strength of the
music. It just holds up so well. What a unique band.

Jon in Mi.