Re: Born Again Who fan?

> Not sure what you mean by "born again" Who fan or why my comment about
Macca
> reflects that.  Actually, I am a recently born Who fan.

Kevin Mc:

OK, it's the same level of enthusiasm...and that's what I meant. I get the
feeling McCartney could have been incredible and you'd still have said "But
he still wasn't as good as The Who."
Although I'd be the first to admit "incredible McCartney" is not really a
possibility anymore.

> bought The Very Best of and now have a pretty solid collection (maybe not
> compared to ya'll yet, but I'm getin there).

There's only 11 original albums, so it's not hard to catch up. As for
bootlegs, all but about 60 minutes worth of studio material (that's
generally available on bootleg) is left unreleased officially. Off the top
of my head:

Substitute (US version, with different lyrics)
Young Man Blues (studio, the House That Track Built version)
Anyway Anyhow Anywhere (French single, same lyrics but a different vocal
track)
Magic Bus (long stereo version, originally on the MB LP also the MBBB LP but
not CD)
Signal-30 (aka Who The Fuck and Sodding About)
Waltz For A Pig (some may not count this one, as no Who member plays on it)
Who Are You (Who the Hell version or US single version)
the remaining NYC sessions, some with Leslie West...like the entire version
of Baby Don't You Do It, WGFA, Getting In Tune, Pure And Easy (with the
"There once was a note - LISTEN!") intact

There's more, but my memory fails me at the moment. A Man With Money from
the BBC sessions, and Shaking All Over with Spoonful too.

> Would we?  I predict that no matter what they do as far as new
> material, there will be bitching.

Rich:

That's not much of a prediction, really. It's more like a given.

 > like them, but otherw bitch and whine about both Kenney and those
> albums to this day.

Well, I don't really BLAME Kenney, because I like IH but feel FD is one of
their worst, mainly because it's produced like an Eagles album and has very
little guitar, and two truly horrible songs on it.
But that also doesn't make Kenney any better. From what he did in Small
Faces to what he did in The Who, you have to wonder what the fuck happened.

> artist on his own and he must have his own spot. If he had to choose
> between The Who and his solo work, he would choose the second, without
> any doubt.

Oswaldo:

Except he has no chance of selling any solo work, so selling it as The Who
is his only real option. As our good friend Brian pointed out to me a few
years ago.

"God may have mercy on you, but we won't."
           Senator John McCain

               Cheers                 ML