No new record c/w indulgence

I do agree with Michael Hanley. "No new record" could be a classic
Townshend statement.

I do not want to be negative about it, but remember when, earlier this
year, Pete wrote in a diary he could not see how it would be possible to
put out a new Who record in 2001. Well, he's been into so many projects,
say Quad stage version, Scoop 3, charity and stuff... I'm pretty sure
he's not into the Who as John or Roger are.

I point that Pete sees himself today as a stablished performer. He's an
artist on his own and he must have his own spot. If he had to choose
between The Who and his solo work, he would choose the second, without
any doubt. I guess the only real possibility for a new Who album is
"popular demand", a kind of indulgence, something for the sake of
millions of fans.

About a week ago, Pete spoke to a major brazilian newspaper, O Estado de
Sao Paulo, and said that there would not be a new Who record. He also
said that he would tour USA and Europe (and not South America, shit!),
but no creative work at all.

Oswaldo Akamine Jr.
http://www.motax.com.br