No Subject

NEW YORK - There were numerous memorable moments backstage at the Concert for New York City on Saturday, ranging from the sublime
(the Who posing for photos with Keith Richards and Mick Jagger) to the surreal (former President Bill Clinton, Donald Trump and
Harrison Ford walking down the hall and chatting).

They ran the gamut from reverential (Backstreet Boys' Kevin Richardson gazing in awe as Pete Townshend signed a guitar and later
screaming along with "Baba O'Riley" while air-windmilling during the Who's set) to compassionate (Billy Crystal hugging a woman
whose husband died in the attack and walking away teary-eyed)...

..."We were just honored to be asked to play," said Roger Daltrey of English rockers the Who, whose four-song set of '70s anthems
was one of the highlights of the night. "We are just as wounded in some ways as New York is. We felt your pain. The British people
are totally behind America in this. We're on your shoulder, really. You've been there for us so many times. If it hadn't been for
you, we would have probably lost the First World War and certainly the second."...

-Brian in Atlanta
 The Who This Month!
 Go to: http://members.home.net/cadyb/who.htm