reply to selection criticism

In a message dated 10/22/2001 1:56:36 PM Central Daylight Time,
TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com writes:

> I'm not saying they
> should have done 4 new songs, or even two. One would have been nice. MG
> would have been more appropriate than WAY, I think. Pure And Easy would have
> been perfect ("Civilizations are trying to find a new way to die..."). What
> about Drowned? They don't ALWAYS have to play BBE, do they? Three of the
> songs were from WN. I could name you 20 songs off the top of my head which
> would have had the same effect yet been fresh (for not having been done
> every time The Who do a short set).

Of course, we all have our favs that we wanted to hear, but the selection was
awesome.  The Who were there to rock the house and EVERYONE there knew all
four songs and danced and sung non-stop for 30 minutes.  Pure and Easy is a
great song, but not for what the Who was brought there to do- FIRE EVERYONE
UP!  MG was on my short list, too, but it's tough to argue with the results
they got.  A new song?  come on- no one was there to hear new tunes from
anyone.  McCartney sucked because he played new songs which, incidentally,
were crap.  He comes off like someone's dad, not a classic rock star.  The
only thing I would have done differently would be to somehow add "See me,
feel me- listening to u."  Actually would have been a fantastic end to the
whole show rather than Paul's bullshit freedom song which no one knew.