Re: Re-re-re-re-re...repect

> Not to defend Bush - but he's in China at the moment - working on
coalition
> building...

William:

Not to belabor a point, but Washington Post headline: "Bush in China: Little
Accomplished." China was already with us before he went. OK, so he got a
universal condemnation of terrorism. How much did that thousandth
condemnation cost the US taxpayers? Call me crazy, but I say: "Let's see
action!" I congradulate Clinton for understanding where our priorties should
lie, instead of trying to parley a crisis into political benefit like some I
won't mention, or record sale benefit like others I needn't mention. The
people of the US, the firefighters and police and those who were lost or who
lost on 9/11...that's more important IMHO than political hand-holding and
photo ops. Apparently more important to The Who as well.

> Great show last night.  Some thoughts on what weapons that Who
> used in their performance.   I like Mark was dissappointed at first
> by their selection, but was convinced that these anthems are
> the most identifiable to the widest audience,

Joe:

If you're talking about me, I'm still disappointed. I'm not saying they
should have done 4 new songs, or even two. One would have been nice. MG
would have been more appropriate than WAY, I think. Pure And Easy would have
been perfect ("Civilizations are trying to find a new way to die..."). What
about Drowned? They don't ALWAYS have to play BBE, do they? Three of the
songs were from WN. I could name you 20 songs off the top of my head which
would have had the same effect yet been fresh (for not having been done
every time The Who do a short set).

> Didn't Zak look BAD?!!?  :)

Keets:

Bad good or bad bad? Or simply just fat, or do you mean phat?
I thought he looked cool. What does that mean? But even with a beard that
added 10 years, he still looked like the kid in the band, much like everyone
in Paul's band. I had to laugh, thinking the guitarist who was getting off
playing the lead of I'm Down probably wasn't born when the song was
released.

"God may have mercy on you, but we won't."
        Senator John McCain

               Cheers                 ML