Re: NYC Concert Observations

> Didn't Zak look BAD?!!?  :)

Bad as in good?  Or bad as in....bad?

> But I thought it was a strange move on his part that
> three of his songs were new, as I watched the crowd stand there and try to
> get into music they'd never heard (and will probably never hear again, if
> the history of McCartney solo sales tells us anything).

Ouch!

> So watching the crowd it appeared to me The Who were the highlight, and set
> right in the middle of the show. It's going to drive my daughter crazy that
> John Cusack introduced them and was singing along (because she hates The
> Who, loves Cusack).

Probably because Daddy's either jamming The Who or talking about The Who.
Maybe that's her way of rebelling against you.  How old is she?  Come 18 she
might turn into a rabid Who fan.  You never know.

> The big surprises for me where Macy Gray and Mick Jagger.  She is a star
> that is cut from the Billie Holiday cloth.

I saw her do the national anthem last August at Canton, Ohio's Pro Football
Hall of Fame game & she botched the words & generally sounded like she
was trying to sing the song while dozing off from heroin.  Not good at all.
Maybe she had it together for MSG.

- SCHRADE in Akron