No Subject

Song List For McCartney-Led Concert For New York City Revealed

LAUNCH has obtained a tentative song list for the Concert For New York City,
the all-star benefit show that takes place at Madison Square Garden tomorrow
(October 20). The tentative list includes a few surprises--the four members
of U2 will all be on hand, not just Bono and the Edge, as had been
advertised; and there will be several unannounced duets, with U2 joining
Destiny's Child, and Billy Joel performing with Elton John, apart from all
their individual performances.

Other notable news from the rundown sheet is that the Who has the longest
individual set, with four songs, while Paul McCartney will be on stage for
five songs--his own three-song set, as well as the two scheduled encores.

The song list includes (subject to change):

David Bowie: "This Is Not America" and "Heroes"

Bon Jovi: "It's My Life" and "Keep The Faith" (with a choir from Harlem)

U2: "Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of"

The Goo Goo Dolls: "American Girl" and "Iris"

Billy Joel: "New York State Of Mind" and "Miami 2017"

Destiny's Child: an unannounced gospel song, "Emotion," and "What's Going
On" with U2

Eric Clapton: "Hoochie Coochie Man" and "Crossroads"

Backstreet Boys: a medley and a second unannounced song

Marc Anthony: "You Sang To Me"

Melissa Etheridge: "Come To My Window" and "Born To Run"

The Who: "Behind Blue Eyes," "Who Are You," "Baba O'Riley," and "Won't Get
Fooled Again"

Mick Jagger: "Salt Of The Earth" and "Miss You"

Macy Gray: "Help From My Friends"

James Taylor: "Fire And Rain" and "Up On The Roof"

Jay-Z: "Izzo (H.O.V.A.)"

John Mellencamp "Peaceful World" and "Pink Houses"

Five For Fighting: "Superman"

Elton John: "I Want Love"

Elton John & Billy Joel: TBA

Janet Jackson: TBA (via video)

Paul McCartney: "I'm Down," and the new songs "Lonely Road" and "From A
Lover To A Friend"

First Encore: "Yesterday"

Second Encore: "Let It Be"

-- LAUNCH Staff, New York