Shel's WHO tapes & Other Stuff

Hello Fellow WHO Heads,
     It's been a while since I've posted, mainly because not much has gone on until recently.
     I noticed a post referring to Shel Talmy's negotiations with MCA and Pete on finally releasing the stereo tapes of the first sessions. Will this ever see the light of day? WHO knows. But if you don't want Astley to touch these tapes (which I'm sure is most of us) Then why not drop Mr. Talmy a line at sst@sheltalmy.com
And while you're at it check out his site at (what else) sheltalmy.com  I suggested having it done by either himself or by maybe a Bub Lugwig or George Marino. 2 guys that always do quality mastering work.
     I picked up the RAH & QUAD DVD's, along with LALD, and here are some thoughts.
     I LOVE RAH!! I saw them at PNC in NJ last year and was truly blown away by the performance. This show is just as good, if not better than PNC! Magic Bus is just stellar! Even John Popper must be jeolous of Roger's harp playing on that one! Eddie Vedder really nailed the vocals on I'm One IMO. Kennedy was great too, although I prefered the violinist on Storytellers a little more. I do agree that JAE is a tad too low in the mix.
     Quad is great as well! Very impressed with the clean up job on the film! BYW, I did find the "Easter Eggs" that have been referred to, and they're pretty cool (as is the little one on RAH).
     Now on to LALD. How can you release a CD of this caliber with the problems that it has!!?? It's the same source tape as the '95 remaster, right? Then why does the Tommy stuff sound like crap? The crowd sounds like one big tape drop-out, and the different volume levels on Pete's voice is crazy!! I am happy with disc 1 for the most part. Glad that alot of the stage banter has been restored, but pissed that YMB, MB, & SAL have not been restored to they're full glory (like everyone else).
     Well, that'll do it for now. Back to lurker mode;-)
Hoping the Concert For New York will be entertaining,
       Keith