Contemplating Quad

I got the January 1974 edition of CREEM magazine the other day & besides
having a nice, live, jumping shot of Pete on the cover it also has a short inter-
view with him about the new (!) Who release QUADROPHENIA.  Here are
a few choice Pete quotes I found interesting:

"This album is more of a winding up of all our individual axes to grind, & of
the group's ten year old image & also of the complete absurdity of a group
like The Who pretending that they have their finger on the pulse of any gen-
eration."

"What I've really tried to do with the story is to try & illustrate that, as a study
of childhood frustrations, the reason that rock is still around is that it's not
youth's music, it's the music of the frustrated & the dissatisfied looking for
some sort of musical panacea."  (Panacea means like a "cure-all" or "remedy.")

"I think that our album clarifies who the real hero is in this thing.  It's the kid
on the front.  He's the hero.  That's why he's on the front cover.  That's why
he's sung about.  It's his fuckin' album.  Rock & roll's his music."

- SCHRADE in Akron