Fwd: Another Roger/City of Hope article with quote

> >From Launch on line at:
> http://music.launch.com/read/content.asp?contentID=206241
>
> Roger Daltrey Glad To Help At City Of Hope Benefit
>
> (10/13/01, 7 a.m. ET) -- Roger Daltrey was one of the celebrity
> performers on hand Thursday (October 11) at the annual City Of Hope
Spirit Of Life Award dinner and ceremony, held on the Universal Studios
backlot in Los Angeles. Daltrey was asked why he chose to participate
in the fundraiser, and he revealed that he has a personal connection to
the work done by City Of Hope.

> "I've got a granddaughter who is diabetic at a very young age, and
> this (City Of) Hope Foundation does an awful lot of work in that
area," he said. "And I'm also a patron of a teenage cancer charity in
England--their T-cell research is probably, you know, up with the top
in the world--so again, that's an incredibly important thing, and it
should be supported."

> The event, which honored Vivendi Universal executive vice chairman
> Edgar Bronfman Jr., featured acts including Daltrey, Bon Jovi's
Richie
> Sambora, and Sheryl Crow; country star Shelby Lynne; rockers Melissa
Etheridge and Jonny Lang; current R&B stars Mary J. Blige, Sisqo, India
Arie, and Bilal singing their favorite Motown hits, along with Motown
legends the Temptations and Smokey Robinson.

> Proceeds from the gala will establish an honorary research fellowship
> in Bronfman's name at the City Of Hope National Medical Center and
> Beckman Research Institute.
>
> Music- and entertainment-industry participation has helped the City
> Of Hope National Medical Center and Beckman Research Institute,
located just outside Los Angeles, raise more than $30 million to
research and treat diseases including cancer, diabetes, and HIV/AIDS.

> -- Bruce Simon, New York and Neal Weiss, Los Angeles

=====
Don't meddle in the affairs of dragons, because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
http://personals.yahoo.com