Re: more free stuff from Eelpie

In article <20011012211233.67299.qmail@web20007.mail.yahoo.com>,
    Quad <quadimages@yahoo.com>  writes:

> Everything on the Mac is wonderful.

Eh, maybe now that they've finally put a command prompt in OS X I
might be interested.  I gave up the religious platform wars around
1988/1989.  I have gotten -way- more done with the PCs that I've owned
than I ever would have been able to get done with other machines,
including a Mac.  I've used Macs plenty at the University while I was
a student there.  It was too slow and too dumbed down for me to
tolerate for anything more than minor projects.  Of course that was
some time ago, but I just don't see the point of spending a premium
for that platform when I get done what I need to get done just fine on
a cheap mass-market PC clone.

Of course, having dispensed with the platform wars I will recommend to
people that they use a Mac if it is what they prefer.  When someone
asks me what kind of PC they should buy, I tell them to use both Mac
and PC and use whatever they feel would work best for them.

Tools, not rules.
--
  Direct3D Book <http://www.xmission.com/~legalize/book/>
    Don't Support Spammers!  Boycott Fractal Painter 7!