Re: more free stuff from Eelpie

In article <RELAY1do4uE43CaFc3l000020fe@relay1.softcomca.com>,
    "hare@optonline.net" <hare@optonline.net>  writes:

> >>Apple seems to intentionally make
> crappy software for the PC in an attempt to drive users to the Mac.>>
>
> Up until recently, Microsoft did the EXACT SAME THING.  Word 6, anyone?

Funny, I've always heard Mac users report that Excel on the Mac was
wonderful.

Personally, I hate word.  I have to use it at work and the first thing
I have to do is hunt down the 4 or 6 dialogs that have all that
"automatically fix everything I type" crap and turn everything off.  My
neighbour across the street has Word 97 and they were cursing it at
every turn until I came over and helped them disable all that stuff
(they are in their 70s and would probably have never found all the
buried option dialogs).  So, you're not going to get any arguments
from me that support Word.  I think its a POS no matter what platform
it runs on.  (No, I'm not using it for my book!)
--
  Direct3D Book <http://www.xmission.com/~legalize/book/>
    Don't Support Spammers!  Boycott Fractal Painter 7!