Re: Final report on LALD sound quality

> > Hmmm.....wonder why the horrible sound quality people talk about on
> > other lists isn't being heard by the general public.  Hmmm.....that's
> > interesting.

> I guess it tells you what kind of stereo they're listening with,

D'oh!  See, Mark - all your problems would be solved if you bought a
*mid-priced* stereo system & got rid of that fancy-shmancy one you have!

> and how little they care about sound quality.

Boo!  Boo!  Sweeping generalization!  Sweeping generalization!  Boo!

> As for me, I got a CD player because
> it was reportedly the best possible sound quality.

Are you saying you.....got fooled again?

> So my desire is obvious.

Jail time for Jon Astley?  A fine for Pete?

> Speaking of which, since my computer has been so tied up with making CDs for
> trades, I hauled out my DBX unit

Which stands for:  Don't Buy! X-spensive!

> and played LALDE: Tommy on it. Expanding
> the sound doesn't help.

What about some superior smoke?  Have you tried that?  Still nothing?

> The hollowness is still there. So I guess this is
> just what we're going to have to settle for.

And most of the public is settling for it just fine.

> And it's ABOUT TIME some bombs started falling! However, if Taliban claims
> that bin Laden wasn't in the bag beforehand are true, then Bush screwed up
> as I expected he would...and not for the last time.

What do you mean "wasn't in the bag?"  You're Myrtle Beach slang is lost on me.

- SCHRADE in Akron