RAH

Well I got my VHS copy of the RAH show & like everyone says,
it's pretty good.  Nice picture & sound (maybe a little too much
Rabbit in the mix - and OX is never loud enough for my tastes).

Most of the songs are performed well.  "Magic Bus" & Roger's
harmonica playing are outstanding.  So is the violin solo in "Baba
O'Riley."

There are some awkward moments (aren't there always at a Who
show?).  "Anyway, Anyhow, Anywhere" is kinda fucked up.  And
there's some goofy, between-song moments that I'm surprised weren't
edited out (Daltrey having trouble adjusting his mic stand & Daltrey
announcing Paul Weller before the wrong song).

The guests:  "Let's See Action" with Eddie Vedder is just plain bad.
He does a fine job on "I'm One," though.  Fuck Bryan Adams.  Kelly
Jones (no, not *Kenny* Jones - har) kinda sucked - although his vo-
cal phrasing on "Substitute" was interesting.

Paul Weller's vocals were sorta shaky on "So Sad About Us" but
I'll give him (and Pete) credit for doing the song in the first place.
What else did Paul Weller do?  Can't remember.

Noel Gallagher plays some loud, if simple, guitar on WGFA & doesn't
get in the way at all.

Roger's voice is a bit off every now & then, & the zip-zoom camera
edits are sometimes frustrating.  The obtrusive camera placed on OX's
bass for "5:15" is borderline comical but that's quickly forgotten once
his mastery is on display.

Even despite my criticisms this video was fun to watch & is a nice re-
minder of how wonderful the 2000 tour was.

Final Grade:  B

- SCHRADE in Akron