Re: My TOMMY is finished!!!!

Looks pretty good---

I would probably have used the "Tommy Can you hear me" from The Kids are
allright soundtrack, the one with the extended ending. "I'm Free" from the
Tommy Soundtrack is unique and powerful also. I really like The overture
from '89's Live Join Together---but you can't go wrong with what you have
here...

Franko

>  ------------------------------
>
>  Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 22:13:20 EDT
>  From: Sroundtable@aol.com
>  Subject: My TOMMY is finished!!!!
>
>  For those of you who notived, i have spent the better part of 2 weeks
making
>  a TOMMY compilation using different versions of the classic songs.  I got

>  some excellent feedback and suggestions as to which tracks to use.  I had
2
>  aborted attempts to burn the final version due to some technical problems

>  with sally simpson and we're not gonna take it from TOMMY the movie.
Once
>  cleared up the 3rd attempt was ultimately successful.  Here is the
line-up.
>  I won't take criticism the wrong way and would be happy to send copies to
>  few select contributors to this forum.  You will notice a version of
Amazing
>  Journ/sparks without a source- so i am hoping one of you can clue me in
>  what concert it it from.  A clue is that it was not a gig with all of
tommy-
>  because pete announces sum blues at the end (is a downloaded file).
>  1. Overture from Leeds
>  2. It's a Boy from IOW (like the double dose of Capt W)
>  3. 1921-studio
>  4. Amaz journ/sparks- Live at ???
>  5. Christmas- IOW (Pete's "tommy can you hear me!" vocals are incredible)
>  6. Eyesight to the Blind- Leeds (intended to use RAH-89 but mp3 qual was
weak)
>  7. Cousin Kevin-studio
>  8. Acid Queen- IOW (Pete is feeling the song with more depth than leeds)
>  9. Do You think it's alright- Leeds
>  10. Fiddle About- Movie (tribute to Keith Moon)
>  11. Tommy Can You Hear Me- studio
>  12. Pinball Wizard- movie (elton John- also like the inclusion of "can't
>  explain" to the end)
>  13. There's a doctor- studio
>  14. Go to the Mirror- Leeds
>  15. Smash the Mirror- IOW
>  16. I'm Free- IOW (absolutely phenomenal!!!!)
>  17. Miracle Cure- IOW
>  18. Sensation- London Symph Orch (roger singing backed by the orch and
chorus

>       is surreal)  Why does this get left out of concerts at Leeds and IOW
by
>  the                 Who?
>  19. Sally Simpson- Movie (i like the added lyrics and the vocals by pete
and
>  roger)
>  20. Welcome- studio
>  21. Tommy's Holiday Camp- IOW
>  22. We're Not Gonna Take It- movie (more descriptive than standard
versions
>  and the only version which didn't have "see me, feel me" so i could use
>  Woodstock)
>  23. See me, feel me/listening to you- Woodstock 1969 (most powerful
version I
>  have encountered- if not the "cleanest".  My first time seeing them do
this
>  live was in the Woodstock movie)
>
>  kevin Mc    I'M FREE!!!!!!!!

Send a cool gift with your E-Card