Who geek

From: "O'Neal, Kevin W." <Kevin.ONeal@vtmednet.org>
"But seriously, and be honest (if you like), what "click" did you fit into
in High School?"

Well...since you showed me yours (you were a chess-geek, right?), I guess I
can show you mine.
I went to a small school (<200 people in my class).  I moved around between
the small cliques.  I had to, because I kept getting kicked out of them for
annoying the dominant members.

During those all-important milling times I was most likely found  sitting in
the hall making smart-assed comments about anyone who walked by.  All of
them brilliantly funny, BTW.  I was unanimously voted 'most cynical' in my
class.  Girls hated me.

Digging The Who suited this persona because I didn't know anyone else who
liked them or were even very familiar with the material.  I derided Bruce
and other artists on many occasions.  Since others were not familiar with my
declared favorites (The Who, The Clash), I was safe  from their barbs.

Jeff