Re: Sneaky new material, market for old folks

>BTW, what would the critics think if The Who released an entirely
>instrumental album?  Wouldn't that throw everybody for a loop?

>I like your instrumental idea, though.  Pete does seem to fancy the idea
>that he is now a composer even more than a performer or a simple
>songwriter.

And The Who just plays music, not rock.  Maybe this is the same thing Mark
is saying, that the various performers have extended the rock genre to the
point that it's no longer rock and roll, but just music.  When they're no
longer bound by the idea they're a rock band, then TED can approach the
music however they want.

I was pleased with "Crossroads Now."  It had the feel of a classical piece.

>Hits on Pollstars site for concert info from
>http://www.pollstar.com/toptours.htm
>The top 4 are Garth Brooks, Elton John/Billy Joel, U2 and Aerosmith.  The
>rest of the chart is loaded with old people.

That's old age and experience working, I guess.  I'm glad to see they're
making it, even if they're market share may have gone down some.

keets